from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cloth placed under the saddle of a racehorse and bearing its number.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blanket placed under a saddle, a saddle blanket.
- n. A cloth displaying a racehorse's number.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cloth under a saddle, and extending out behind; a housing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of textile material used, in connection with the saddle of a horse, for riding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stable gear consisting of a blanket placed under the saddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.