from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A child; a baby.
- n. A representation of the infant Jesus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A child or baby, especially a representation in art of the infant Christ wrapped in swaddling clothes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A child or baby; esp., a representation in art of the infant Christ wrapped in swaddling clothes.
- n. George Herman Ruth ("Babe" Ruth), the baseball player; -- usu. in the form “the bambino”.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A child or baby; specifically, a figure of the Child Jesus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a young child
Italian, diminutive of bambo, child.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)