from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarse twilled cotton fabric used for uniforms and sometimes work or sports clothes.
- n. Trousers made of a coarse twilled cotton. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coarse cotton fabric commonly used to make trousers and uniforms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a coarse, tough, twilled cotton fabric used for uniforms or sports clothes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person of one quarter Indian and three quarters negro blood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coarse twilled cotton fabric frequently used for uniforms
- n. trousers made with chino cloth
American Spanish, mestizo, yellowish (from its original tan color), probably from Spanish chino, Chinese, from China, China.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
American Spanish (Wiktionary)