from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to an amine or other chemical compound containing an NH2 group combined with a nonacid organic radical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to an amine.
- n. The amine functional group.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing the group NH2: as, amino- acetic acid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the radical -NH2
- adj. pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia
From amino-.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)