from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cordial made from the fermented juice and crushed pits of the marasca cherry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sweet liqueur made from marasca cherries
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A liqueur distilled from fermented cherry juice, and flavored with the pit of a variety of cherry which grows in Dalmatia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cordial originating in Dalmatia, where it is distilled from or flavored with the marasca cherry, peculiar to that region; hence, a similar cordial produced in other regions from other kinds of cherry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cherry preserved in true or imitation maraschino liqueur
- n. distilled from fermented juice of bitter wild marasca cherries
Italian, from marasca, marasca, from amarasca, from amaro, bitter, from Latin amārus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)