from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An act of buying something that one previously sold or owned.
- n. The repurchase of stock by the company that issued it, as to reduce holdings of a single investor or increase the value of shares by reducing their number.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The repurchase of something previously sold, especially of stock by the company that issued it.
- n. A government purchase scheme intended to achieve a specific goal such as habitat protection or a reduction in firearm numbers.
- n. A free drink given to a patron by a bartender.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of purchasing back something previously sold
buy + back (Wiktionary)