from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bricklayer's or mason's laborer who carries bricks, mortar, cement and the like in a hod.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who carries a hod; a mason's tender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who carries a hod; a hod-carrier.
- n. A young scholar admitted from Westminster School to be student in Christ-church College in Oxford.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a laborer who carries supplies to masons or bricklayers
Sorry, no etymologies found.