from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or composed of fat: fatty food; fatty deposits.
- adj. Characteristic of fat; greasy.
- adj. Derived from or chemically related to fat.
- n. Offensive A fat person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing, composed of, or consisting of fat.
- adj. Like fat; greasy.
- adj. Literally or figuratively large.
- n. An obese person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing fat, or having the qualities of fat; greasy; gross.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of fat.
- Containing fat; adipose: as, fatty tissue.
- Having certain of the properties of fat; especially, having a greasy feel; resembling fat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or composed of fat
- n. a rotund individual
Believe me, I know all to painfully this fatty is here.
The theory is that EDTA chelation might work by removing calcium in fatty plaques that block arteries, by lowering cholesterol levels or by reducing inflammation in the arteries and improving blood vessel function.
What happened to that last group, the ones living in fatty heaven?
Short-chain fatty acids in the human colon: relation to gastrointestinal health and disease.
Effect of colon flora and short chain fatty acids on in vitro growth of Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
For example, some good bacteria produce short chain fatty acids.
Faecal short chain fatty acid pattern and allergy in early childhood.
The theory is that EDTA chelation might work by directly removing calcium found in fatty plaques that block arteries, causing the plaques to break up, that the process may stimulate the release of a hormone that in turn causes calcium to be removed from the plaques or causes a lowering of cholesterol levels.
He dubbed fatty fettuccine alfredo "heart attack on a plate" and once delivered a bag of 170 extracted, decayed teeth to federal regulators, along with a petition to ban the promotion of sugary snacks during kids' television shows.
They say very potent oestrogens are primarily found in fatty tissues, suggesting that women with higher body weight may have higher levels.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.