from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or composed of fat: fatty food; fatty deposits.
- adj. Characteristic of fat; greasy.
- adj. Derived from or chemically related to fat.
- n. Offensive A fat person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing, composed of, or consisting of fat.
- adj. Like fat; greasy.
- adj. Literally or figuratively large.
- n. An obese person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing fat, or having the qualities of fat; greasy; gross.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of fat.
- Containing fat; adipose: as, fatty tissue.
- Having certain of the properties of fat; especially, having a greasy feel; resembling fat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or composed of fat
- n. a rotund individual
From fat + -y. Cognate with Dutch vettig ("fatty, greasy"), German fettig ("fatty"). (Wiktionary)