from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various glycoproteins, especially a mucoprotein, similar to the mucins.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling mucus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to mucus; mucoidal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling mucus.
- n. One of a class of mucinlike substances yielding on decomposition a reducing carbohydrate together with some form of proteinaceous matter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling mucus or mucous tissue.
- n. A viscid, glairy substance derived from connective tissue and containing a large amount of mucin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or resembling mucus
- n. any of several glycoproteins similar to mucin
Sorry, no etymologies found.