from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, similar to, containing, or dissolved in water; watery.
- adj. Geology Formed from matter deposited by water, as certain sedimentary rocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting mostly of water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Partaking of the nature of water, or abounding with it; watery.
- adj. Made from, or by means of, water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of water; abounding with water; formed by water; watery: as, an aqueous solution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced by the action of water
- adj. similar to or containing or dissolved in water
From Medieval Latin aqueus, from Latin aqua, water; see aqua.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle French aqueux, from Medieval Latin aqueus. (Wiktionary)