from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the nature of or containing alcohol; alcoholic.
- adj. Distilled. Used of an alcoholic beverage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, containing, or made using alcohol
- adj. distilled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the quality of spirit; tenuous in substance, and having active powers or properties; ethereal; immaterial; spiritual; pure.
- adj. Containing, or of the nature of, alcoholic (esp. distilled) spirit; consisting of refined spirit; alcoholic; ardent.
- adj. Lively; gay; vivid; airy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the quality of spirit; ethereal; immaterial; intangible.
- Lively; active; gay; cheerful; enlivening.
- Containing much alcohol; distilled, whether pure or compounded, as distinguished from fermented; ardent: applied to a liquor for drinking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or of the nature of alcohol
Sorry, no etymologies found.