American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Characterized by or abounding in wind: a windy night.
- adj. Open to the wind; unsheltered: a windy terrace.
- adj. Resembling the wind in speed, force, or variability: a windy dash homeward.
- adj. Lacking substance; empty: windy promises.
- adj. Given to or characterized by wearisome verbosity: a windy speaker.
- adj. Flatulent.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of wind; formed by gales.
- Next the wind; windward.
- Tempestuous; boisterous: as, windy weather.
- Exposed to or affected by the wind.
- Wind-like; resembling the wind.
- Tending to generate wind or gas in the stomach; flatulent: as, windy food.
- Caused or attended by gas in the stomach or intestines.
- Affected with flatulence; troubled with wind in the stomach or bowels.
- Airy; unsubstantial; empty; vain.
- Talkative; boastful; vain.
- adj. Accompanied by wind.
- adj. Unsheltered and open to the wind.
- adj. Empty and lacking substance.
- adj. Long-winded; orally verbose.
- adj. Flatulent.
- n. colloquial fart
- adj. of a path, etc. Having many bends; winding, twisting or tortuous.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Consisting of wind; accompanied or characterized by wind; exposed to wind.
- adj. Next the wind; windward.
- adj. Tempestuous; boisterous.
- adj. Serving to occasion wind or gas in the intestines; flatulent.
- adj. Attended or caused by wind, or gas, in the intestines.
- adj. Fig.: Empty; airy.
- adj. not practical or realizable; speculative.
- adj. abounding in or exposed to the wind or breezes
- adj. using or containing too many words
- adj. resembling the wind in speed, force, or variability
- From wind ("to curve, bend") + -y. (Wiktionary)
“William Hederman, senior vice-president of energy policy at Deloitte & Touche LLP, says companies face the "monumental undertaking" of transmitting electricity generated in windy regions like the Great Plains states to markets in heavily populated cities on the East Coast.”
“The problem with the current crisis is that even the most prudent and conservative investors are affected and that there is no differentiation between them and those who recklessly invested in windy hedge fund to make a quick buck.”
“Jean-Marc's aunt, Marie-Françoise, tells me that such open bell towers, or campaniles, are constructed in windy regions where it is better to go with the flow than to be beaten down by the Mistral.”
“In the fall, they might come out plenty in the early morning and late afternoon, with only a few seen in the midday in bad or just plain old cold weather, they will stay in their holes windy is almost always bad for winter, but in the fall if they want to feed you might see a few”
“Another gadget that sometimes assists in windy or gusting wind situations is a Kestrel or a Caldwell wind meter.”
“In a game that started in windy, overcast conditions at M&T Bank Stadium - the home of the Baltimore Ravens - Notre Dame took control in the third quarter before the rain came and drove much of the crowd of 70,932 to the exits early.”
“Kickoff was switched from mid-afternoon to midmorning and played in windy and rainy conditions in a near-empty stadium.”
“' I'm from Ohio, I've played in windy conditions before, '' he said.”
“On the surface it looks like a pristine body of water but have noticed areas of stiff foam under certain windy conditions and just figured it was some runoff.”
“Currently in windy and hilly Pachuca with my little girls (4 years and 6 years old).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘windy’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
List for old and new terms and phrases meaning crazy, nuts, batty, prone to extreme nervousness, etc.
Words that have been used as baby names, including virtue names, nature names, place names, etc.
The title is an actual name given to a Puritan boy in the 17th century.
A list of My Little Pony names from the G3 collection. 2003-present
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
A list of My Little Pony names from the original (G1) collection. 1982-1992
Looking for tweets for windy.