from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of expose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. with no protection or shield.
- adj. visible due to absence of clothing at that point; -- of body parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unconcealed; bare or open; specifically, in entomology, externally visible; not concealed under other parts: especially applied to a part of the upper surface of the abdomen which is left uncovered by the elytra in repose, as in many Coleoptera.
- Unprotected; unsheltered; open to wind, cold, attack, risk, etc.: as, an exposed situation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with no protection or shield
- adj. not covered with clothing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A friend of mine who is a life-insurance professional concluded, for health insurance, that it made more sense for his family to purchase an umbrella policy for catastrophic problems and remain 'exposed' for the everyday stuff.
Beck stands as though naked, his sin exposed for the entire world to see.
Synopsis: When a mental patient is discovered with his brain exposed, the Fringe team — Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson) and Walter Bishop (John Noble) — are shocked to learn that the patient has become more sane.
As the looting following February's earthquake served as an eye-opener to the country's social and economic inequalities, the plight of the trapped miners has again exposed the hardships Chile's poor face in a country where 14 percent of the population lives in poverty, according to the World Bank.
I may not be able to answer these questions, but with over 10,000 accounts exposed from the first two letters of the alphabet the scope of this fraud could be very large.
At one point, the head and shoulders of one or two pirates were exposed from the covered boat and sailors could see an AK-47 held against Phillips 'back, Gortney said.
Skin exposed to TCE should be immediately rinsed with soap and water.
DO wear long long sleeves and long pants to minimize the total amount of skin exposed to DEET.
The truth exposed is painful for senior officers and politicians. on February 20, 2010 at 11: 02 pm Tang0
Allain exposed me to a world in which wine is intimately connected to people, particularly the people who grow it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.