from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
- adj. Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
- adj. Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
- adj. Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
- adj. Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of suppose.
- adj. Presumed to be true, but without proof
- adj. Generally considered or expected.
- adj. Having an obligation.
- adj. Intended.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Regarded or received as true; imagined; believed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. required or under orders
- adj. based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence
- adj. doubtful or suspect
- adj. mistakenly believed
Sorry, no etymologies found.