from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Taken up or used so as to deceive; pretended: an assumed name.
- adj. Taken for granted; supposed: an assumed increase in population.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of assume.
- adj. Used in a manner intended to deceive; fictitious.
- adj. Supposed or presumed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Supposed.
- adj. Pretended; hypocritical; make-believe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adopted in order to deceive
Sorry, no etymologies found.