from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Self-styled; so-called.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Self-styled; self-proclaiming; self-proclaimed.
- adv. supposedly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Self-named; self-styled; pretended; would-be.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Calling one's self; self-styled; pretended; would-be.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. as claimed by and for yourself often without justification
French : soi, oneself + disant, saying.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French soi ("self") + disant ("speaking, proclaiming") (Wiktionary)