from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not genuine or sincere; feigned: a pretended interest in the proceedings.
- adj. Supposed; alleged: the pretended heir to the throne.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pretend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making a false appearance; unreal; false.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adopted in order to deceive
Sorry, no etymologies found.