from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made by humans rather than occurring in nature; synthetic: man-made fibers; a manmade lake. See Usage Note at man.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of manmade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not of natural origin; prepared or made by humans; artificial; of substances, made by chemical reaction rather than extracted from a natural source. Opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made or contrived by man; of human as distinguished from divine origin; hence, as applied to spiritual subjects, artificial, simulated, or spurious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not of natural origin; prepared or made artificially
Sorry, no etymologies found.