from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deliberate; intentional: "The only option is whether these will be purposeful, intended policies or whether they will be . . . concealed ones” ( Daniel Patrick Moynihan).
- adj. Prospective; future: an intended trip abroad next month.
- n. Informal A person whom one intends to marry; a fiancé or fiancée: our daughter and her intended.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Planned.
- n. Fiancé or fiancée.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of intend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made tense; stretched out; extended; forcible; violent.
- adj. Purposed; designed.
- adj. Betrothed; affianced.
- n. One with whom marriage is designed; one who is betrothed; an affianced lover.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Purposed; to be, or to be done, according to an agreement or design: as, an intended entertainment; her intended husband.
- n. An intended husband or wife: with a possessive pronoun preceding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resulting from one's intentions
- adj. future; betrothed
Sorry, no etymologies found.