American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Done deliberately; intended: an intentional slight. See Synonyms at voluntary.
- adj. Having to do with intention.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Done with intention, design, or purpose; intended; designed.
- In metaphysics, pertaining to an appearance, phenomenon, or representation in the mind; phenomenal; representational; apparent.
- n. In metaphysics, an appearance having no substantial existence.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Done by intention or design; intended; designed. Opposite of
- adj. characterized by conscious design or purpose
- adj. done or made or performed with purpose and intent
- intention + -al (Wiktionary)
“The point of intentional communities is that they are * intentional*.”
“Was the Dr. Seuss reference in the title intentional?”
“The lawsuit is particularly harsh on Kiffin for what it calls intentional actions.”
“I'm personally offended both by the error on the Times website and by your association of me with what you call the intentional slander of US marines.”
“How active and intentional is the misuse of this system for exclusionary reasons?”
“The e-mail Hanson got said the students may have engaged in "intentional disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings or other University activities," which could be grounds for disciplinary action.”
“He (gender-exclusive term intentional, in light of the history) does this by making a "social contract" with others in which each gives up a small measure of his freedom in order to secure heightened personal and economic security.”
“This proof can only be seen in intentional and visible collaboration by all parts of the Body — true “incarnation” or “embodiment.””
“Some more on her fat arse using the phrase intentional wrongdoing.”
“Why would Scioscia order Erstad to bunt, thus leaving first base open and an almost-certain intentional pass for Guerrero, 2004's AL MVP?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘intentional’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
these are some of my favorite words...
Simple useful basic business words
Looking for tweets for intentional.