from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resulting from deliberation and careful thought: a studied decision.
- adj. Lacking spontaneity; contrived: a studied smile.
- adj. Learned; knowledgeable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of study.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Closely examined; read with diligence and attention; made the subject of study; well considered.
- adj. Well versed in any branch of learning; qualified by study; learned.
- adj. Premeditated; planned; designed.
- adj. Intent; inclined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Informed or qualified by study; instructed; versed; learned.
- Studiously contrived or thought out; premeditated; deliberate: as, a studied insult.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced or marked by conscious design or premeditation
Sorry, no etymologies found.