from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a purpose; intentional: a purposeful musician.
- adj. Having or manifesting purpose; determined: entered the room with a purposeful look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having purpose; intentional.
- adj. Having a purpose in mind; resolute; determined.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Important; material.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by purpose or definite aim; having an object in view; full of purpose or meaning; of serious import or significance: opposed to aimless.
- Hence Intended; made or introduced on purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having meaning through having an aim
- adj. serving as or indicating the existence of a purpose or goal
purpose + -ful (Wiktionary)