from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. centered or concentrated.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of focus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. being in focus or brought into focus; clearly delineated; -- of an image. Opposite of
- adj. converging on a point; -- of light rays.
- adj. concentrated on or clustered around a central point or purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of an optical system (e.g. eye or opera glasses) adjusted to produce a clear image
- adj. being in focus or brought into focus
- adj. (of light rays) converging on a point
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Yet the person who chose the title focused on the female.
His program during the first part of his term focused on internal issues, especially the healthcare program in which he and his wife Hillary were interested.
They said that when they need their parents, they want them to "be there for them" -- that's what I called focused time.
When you created the concept, was it on your agenda to eventually write a title focused specifically on the team?
Let me get straight to the point: how has a label focused on alternative/experimental music survived over the last 7 years in a market like Hong Kong? ... no offense of course.
The ` for dummies 'franchise has covered just about every topic under the sun, including information technology, so it's no surprise to see a new title focused on how companies can get the best out of Facebook.
One of these is the second world war, this time try to land on the PlayStation Portable by a title focused on the aerial battles of the conflict.
We have also had recent successes with several new launches including Pixie a publication on teens celebrity news, heavy-hitters a title focused on owners of exotic vehicles and Camaro Performers, which has grown from a single issue publication to a frequency of nine times per year.
And savings and investment pattern—people tend to be more short-term focused.
Remember those days of long-ago, when seeing the morning sunrise out of your peripheral vision as your blood shot eyes remain focused on the top right corner of the television were the norm?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.