American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Arranged or changed so as to match, conform, or function, especially in a specified way: an improperly adjusted scale.
- adj. Having achieved psychological balance, especially regarding others or the demands of everyday life: a poorly adjusted teenager.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of adjust.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. accommodated to certain requirements.
- adj. having become accustomed [to surroundings, a situation. etc.]
- adj. (Music) so tuned as to allow modulation into other keys.
- adj. adjusted to produce a clear image; -- of an optical system (e.g. eye or opera glasses)
- adj. (especially of garments) having the fit or style adjusted
- adj. having achieved a comfortable relation with your environment
- adj. adjusted to demands of daily living; showing emotional stability
- adj. altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation
“Somewhat as a delicate instrument (the microscope for example) is altered or adjusted, in order to adapt it to its work, the parts of the body, and the body as a whole, have to be _adjusted_ to their surroundings.”
“Serum liver enzyme concentrations (geometric means) and survey weighted, age, gender and ethnicity adjusted model estimates Fully adjusted* survey weighted model estimates”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘adjusted’.
Use these and get promoted
All my favourite words that I come across!
Looking for tweets for adjusted.