American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having had experience in an activity or in life in general: a highly experienced traveler.
- adj. Skilled or knowledgeable as the result of active participation or practice: consulted an experienced investment counselor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Taught by practice or by repeated observations; skilful or wise by means of trials, use, or observation: as, an experienced artist; an experienced physician.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Taught by practice or by repeated observations; skillful or wise by means of trials, use, or observation.
- adj. having experience; having knowledge or skill from observation or participation
- From experience + -ed. (Wiktionary)
“Now, sir," said Loftus, "let me ask you what is the greatest amount of heat you have ever experienced -- I say _experienced_, not _heard_ of -- for that goes for nothing.”
“He founded Death Row in 1991 with Dr. Dre, and the label experienced several years of success as it became the recording home of the rappers Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.”
“He has qualities that are hard to match even in "experienced" politicians, whose mistakes in judgement have been repeated multiple times. fumblinstumblinoidiot”
“What you just experienced is a typical moment in Atomic Robo - the place where pyramids go mobile and imaginary physics is just around the corner.”
“He was by no means in experienced, being a fifteen year veteran of the Exploratory branch of the Orbital Command, but he had never seen a situation like this.”
“But if what I experienced is the norm in Rejkjavik, (sp.) then the justification for this law becomes a little more understandable.”
“A front yard of usable dimensions to kick a ball, or have a front yard courtyard where outside lounging, eating, and sun rays can be experienced is usually eliminated.”
“The bad news was he had [name of sickness thing that hopefully Tara will know because I'm currently drawing a blank], which, despite myself never having experienced, is not a fun time.”
“What Palin has experienced is simply the media looking into doors she opened herself in her shameless bid for self-promotion as a demagogue diva. dina osullivan”
“Obama is an in experienced coward and a fool, 143 days as congressman ..”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘experienced’.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Mind or Mind Altering
( _mark, personal list, randomness )
noetic, entheogen, psychonautics, infinite, bewilderment, mystification, stupefication, enhanced, altered, perception, simulation, network and 212 more...
Looking for tweets for experienced.