from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acquainted through study or experience; knowledgeable or skilled: She is well versed in classical languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. knowledgeable or skilled, either through study or experience
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Acquainted or familiar, as the result of experience, study, practice, etc.; skilled; practiced; knowledgeable; expert.
- adj. Turned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conversant or acquainted; practised; skilled: with in.
- Turned; turned over.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an injectable form of benzodiazepine (trade name Versed) useful for sedation and for reducing pain during uncomfortable medical procedures
- adj. thoroughly acquainted through study or experience
Sorry, no etymologies found.