from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The slope of a side of a mountain or mountain range.
- n. The general slope of a region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. experienced, practiced
- adj. conversant
- n. a slope of a mountain or mountain ridge
- n. the overall slope of a region
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Familiar; conversant.
- n. The slope of a side of a mountain chain; hence, the general slope of a country; aspect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Familiar; conversant; versed.
- In heraldry, carrying the wings erect and open.
- n. All that part of a country which slopes or inclines in one direction; the general lie or slope of surface; aspect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the side or slope of a mountain
French, present participle of verser, to turn, from Old French, from Latin versāre, to turn frequently; see versatile.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French versant, present participle (used as a noun) of verser, from Latin versō, frequentative of vertō ("I turn"). (Wiktionary)