from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of withstanding exposure to weather without damage.
- transitive v. To make weatherproof.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of resisting damage caused by the weather.
- v. To make something resistant to damage caused by the weather.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Proof against rough weather.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proof against rough weather.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make resistant to bad weather
- adj. able to withstand exposure to weather without damage
Three months before the election I decided to start burying my assorted products in weatherproof and watertight containers in various places around a large body body of water that is fenced off by a certain city.
For transmission lines, copper wire covered with waterproof braid -- the so-called weatherproof wire of the trade -- is used.
Seen from the outside, they were velvety sienna walls (the intentional and inherently limited rust of "weatherproof" steel) with a nice raking profile.
Flow looks practically bombproof, let alone "weatherproof".
Ruggedization: Not certified to a formal (IP) standard but built to be 'weatherproof'.
- Stay relaxed in a climate-controlled environment that ensures your enjoyment of the evening and guarantees that it's "weatherproof"
Nor is the most sensitive equipment designed to be 'weatherproof' in hurricane conditions.
Of course, you first need to buy your own digital camera, try it out and compare everything that you do with it to the things that it claims to be. (be careful to read the specs, options and features that you need to try out, be on the lookout for words such as weatherproof, meaning that they are splash resistant as to waterproof that are water resistant.
Rather, the ornaments must be close to a foot tall, weatherproof and reflect the theme "Forever West," the state's tourism motto.
Pentecost and his associates are perfectly well aware of this natural reaction and have planned a weatherproof enclosure for the machine.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.