American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. So wicked and detestable as to deserve to be cursed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being under a curse; blasted by a curse; afflicted; vexed; tormented.
- Deserving a curse; execrable; hateful; detestable; abominable; wicked.
- Execrable; wretched: used as a hyperbolical expletive.
- adj. Something that has some sort of divine harm, malady, or other curse.
- adj. obsolete Shrewish, ill-tempered (often applied to women).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of curse.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Deserving a curse; execrable; hateful; detestable; abominable.
- adj. in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell
- adj. deserving a curse; sometimes used as an intensifier
“The reduced vocabulary of my childhood has given back a word, a term cursed for decades.”
“I believe he would have pardoned any thing in me more readily than poetry; which he called a cursed, sneaking, puling, housekeeping employment, the bane of all true manhood.”
“Indeed, I believe he would have pardoned anything in me more readily than poetry; which he called a cursed, sneaking, puling, housekeeping employment, the bane of all true manhood.”
“Nowhere is the mention that Senator Levin "cursed" (as the headline said) or did any swearing.”
“Or for the Redskins to be good enough that they're never again cursed with that booth.”
“If you're working like a normal person or staying in like a smart person today, it's safe to say it's worth some dollars to you to pick up gifts without getting your ribs broken or your name cursed by a hard-elbowed granny fierce.”
“‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you;”
“Just the trembly way he sings the word cursed is a killer.”
“But the word cursed was used, and it meant cursed as in plagued, as in despised, as in wicked, as in doomed.”
“NEW YORK It was intended to reunite World Series greats and goats, all of whom became part of Big Apple baseball lore by being amazin ', cursed or simply playing at different ends of the subway.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cursed’.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
Words in the Bible evoking biblical stories or with special spiritual meaning. Proper names have been reduced to the minimum.
she's such a joy.
Words that lend to the dark and dreary atmosphere of gothic literature.
Krst words--etymology, historically, phonetically, etc.
I've mostly avoided people names (Christopher, etc), but Lampbane has a great list of them here.
Looking for tweets for cursed.