from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So wicked and detestable as to deserve to be cursed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Something that has some sort of divine harm, malady, or other curse.
- adj. Shrewish, ill-tempered (often applied to women).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of curse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Deserving a curse; execrable; hateful; detestable; abominable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being under a curse; blasted by a curse; afflicted; vexed; tormented.
- Deserving a curse; execrable; hateful; detestable; abominable; wicked.
- Execrable; wretched: used as a hyperbolical expletive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell
- adj. deserving a curse; sometimes used as an intensifier
Sorry, no etymologies found.