from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Accursed.
- transitive v. To pronounce a curse against.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. accursed, cursed
- v. To curse
- v. To berate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Accursed; abominable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To address with maledictions; curse.
- Execrated; accursed; damned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
- adj. under a curse
Middle English maladicte, from Latin maledictus, past participle of maledīcere, to curse : male, ill; see mel-3 in Indo-European roots + dīcere, to speak; see deik- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)