from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Growing or remaining under water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of submerse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being or growing under water, as the leaves of aquatic plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, growing under water, as the leaves of aquatic plants. Also demerged and submerged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. beneath the surface of the water
- adj. growing or remaining under water
Sorry, no etymologies found.