from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not revering God; impious.
- adj. Sinful; wicked.
- adj. Outrageous: had to leave for work at an ungodly hour.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lacking reverence for God; impious
- adj. sinful, immoral or wicked
- adj. unreasonable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not godly; not having regard for God; disobedient to God; wicked; impious; sinful.
- adj. Polluted by sin or wickedness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not godly; careless of God; godless; wicked; impious; sinful: as, ungodly men or ungodly deeds.
- Polluted by wickedness.
- Outrageous; extremely annoying.
- Squeamish; nice.
- Synonyms Godless, Unrighteous, etc. See irreligious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by iniquity; wicked because it is believed to be a sin
Sorry, no etymologies found.