from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking reverence; not pious.
- adj. Lacking due respect or dutifulness: impious toward one's parents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not pious
- adj. lacking reverence or respect, especially towards a god
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not pious; wanting piety; irreligious; irreverent; ungodly; profane; wanting in reverence for the Supreme Being
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not pious; lacking piety or reverence for God; irreligious; profane; wicked.
- Characterized by want of piety; of an irreverent or wicked character: as, an impious deed; impious writings.
- Synonyms Unrighteous, Profane, etc. See irreligious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking piety or reverence for a god
- adj. lacking due respect or dutifulness
From Latin impius : in-, not; see in-1 + pius, dutiful.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin impius. (Wiktionary)