American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Feeling no shame; impervious to disgrace.
- adj. Marked by a lack of shame: a shameless lie.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no shame; lacking in modesty; immodest; impudent; audacious; insensible to disgrace.
- Done without shame; indicating or characterized by lack of shame; as, a shameless disregard of honesty.
- Synonyms Unblushing, brazen; profligate, reprobate, abandoned, incorrigible.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Destitute of shame; wanting modesty; brazen-faced; insensible to disgrace.
- adj. Indicating want of modesty, or sensibility to disgrace; indecent.
- adj. feeling no shame
- shame + -less (Wiktionary)
“Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on Monday slammed what he called shameless and relentless efforts by his opponents to undermine the country's economy, as he handed out agricultural equipment to new farmers.”
“Until then, the ombudsman has made it clear he intends to make life difficult for the government by exposing what he calls the shameless treatment of Canada's veterans and urging”
“I think "shameless" is exactly the English word to describe the Clintons, especially Bill.”
“Before the missionaries appeared they were a bunch of free love hottentots running around in shameless nudity, practicing cannibalism and who knows what else.”
“Before the missionaries appeared they were a bunch of free love hottentots running around in shameless nudity, practicing cannibalism canibalism? methinks ye are an idiot and a liar on all counts. missionaried caused many problems around the world and still do to this day.”
“Or, again – shameless charity plug – check out the muscular dystrophy links that I included in my last post.”
“Gordon Brown, liar and British Prime Minister, is not the only one to engage in shameless and bare-faced mendacity when it comes to the EU Constitution.”
“And in shameless self-promotion news, hey look everyone!”
“Do my Jewish readers wonder that the doors of summer hotels, where our parvenus sprawl in shameless familiarity, are closed to them and their people?”
“Still, even the lowest cost estimates of this architectural masterpiece (sure to be exceeded in shameless 'Big Dig' style) will be enough to wake up enough taxpaying Seattle residents that an assenting vote to the egomanic concept is far from a sure thing.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘shameless’.
Words ending with *more or *less, more or less. Many of theses terms also appear on the list The -less Said, which see.
My big word list.
The qualities of The Diva. Social skills, playful yet bitchy.
Trademark of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for shameless.