from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking modesty.
- adj. Offending against sexual mores in conduct or appearance; indecent: a bathing suit considered immodest by the local people.
- adj. Not properly restrained in expression or self-assertion; boastful: immodest claims in advertising and promotion.
- adj. Arrogant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking in modesty; shameless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not limited to due bounds; immoderate.
- adj. Not modest; wanting in the reserve or restraint which decorum and decency require; indecent; indelicate; obscene; lewd
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not modest as regards one's pretension or assertions; forward; arrogant.
- Not modest in conduct, utterance, or significance; wanting delicacy or propriety; especially, showing lewdness of thought or feeling; indelicate; indecent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offending against sexual mores in conduct or appearance
- adj. having or showing an exaggerated opinion of your importance, ability, etc
Latin immodestus : in-, not; see in-1 + modestus, moderate, modest; see med- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)