from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by offensive boldness; insolent or impertinent. See Synonyms at shameless.
- adj. Obsolete Immodest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not showing due respect; impertinent; bold-faced
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Behaving boldly, with contempt or disregard for propriety in behavior toward others; unblushingly forward; impertinent; saucy.
- adj. Lacking modesty; shameless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Immodest; shameless; brazen; indelicate.
- Offensively forward in behavior; intentionally disrespectful; insolent; possessed of unblushing assurance.
- Manifesting impudence; exhibiting or characterized by disrespect toward or disregard of others.
- Synonyms Bold, bold-faced, brazen-faced, presumptuous, pert, rude, saucy. See impudence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. improperly forward or bold
- adj. marked by casual disrespect
Middle English, from Latin impudēns, impudent- : in-, not; see in-1 + pudēns, present participle of pudēre, to be ashamed.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin impudēns ("shameless"). (Wiktionary)