from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Expressive of disdain; scornful and contemptuous. See Synonyms at proud.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing contempt or scorn; having a pronounced lack of concern for others viewed as unworthy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of disdain; expressing disdain; scornful; contemptuous; haughty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of or expressing disdain; contemptuous; scornful; haughty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. expressing extreme contempt
- adj. having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy
From disdain + -ful. (Wiktionary)