from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, befitting, or resembling a snob; pretentious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the property of being a snob; arrogant and pretentious; smugly superior or dismissive of perceived inferiors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a snob; characteristic of, or befitting, a snob; vulgarly pretentious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a snob; resembling a snob.
- Proud, conceited, or insolent over adventitious advantages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. befitting or characteristic of those who incline to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people considered inferior
Sorry, no etymologies found.