from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to separate or to cause separation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving to separate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing, or being to cause, separation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Separating; tending to separate; promoting separation.
- In natural history, distinctive; serving for distinction of species or groups: as, separative characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of an accent in Hebrew orthography) indicating that the word marked is separated to a greater or lesser degree rhythmically and grammatically from the word that follows it
- adj. serving to separate or divide into parts
- adj. (of a word) referring singly and without exception to the members of a group
Latin separativus. (Wiktionary)