from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marking a distinction; distinguishing.
- adj. Able to discriminate or distinguish: a mind of great diacritical power.
- adj. Serving as a diacritic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of distinguishing or of making a distinction.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or serving as a diacritic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to distinguish; distinguishing; distinctive: as, a diacritical mark, point, or sign.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of distinguishing
Sorry, no etymologies found.