from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or characterized by selection; discriminating.
- adj. Empowered or tending to select.
- adj. Electronics Able to reject frequencies other than the one selected or tuned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the process of selection.
- adj. choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting.
- adj. Having the authority or capability to make a selection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Selecting; tending to select.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or characterized by selection or choice; selecting; using that which is selected or choice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by very careful or fastidious selection
- adj. tending to select; characterized by careful choice
Sorry, no etymologies found.