from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Psychology Influenced by or resulting from the emotions.
- adj. Psychology Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to, resulting from, or influenced by the emotions.
- adj. Emotional; emotionally charged.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to affect; affecting.
- adj. Pertaining to or exciting emotion; affectional; emotional.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affecting or exciting emotion; suited to affect.
- Pertaining to the affections; emotional.
- In psychology, relating to, characterized by, or consisting of affection: as, the affective side of the mental life; affective experience.
- A mental complex of which affection is characteristic or in which it is dominant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by emotion
From Medieval Latin affectivus, from Latin affectus, past participle of afficere ("to affect") (Wiktionary)