from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of producing infection; infectious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to cause infection; infectious
- n. A person who is capable of spreading a disease by infecting others
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Infectious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a nature to infect or affect injuriously; injurious.
- Infectious; tending to communicate or spread, or capable of communicating, infection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to cause disease
- adj. caused by infection or capable of causing infection
infect + -ive (Wiktionary)