from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to a nymph or nymphs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a nymph or nymphs; nymphean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to nymphs; nymphean.
- In zoology, of or pertaining to a nymph or nympha: as, the nymphal stage of an insect.
- n. A fanciful name given by Drayton to the ten divisions (nymphals) of his poem “The Muses' Elysium.”
- n. In botany, a member of one of Lindley's alliances, the Nymphales, which includes the Nymphæaceæ. Nelumbiaceæ, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.