American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Archaic Characterized by disregard; heedless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not regarding particular circumstances or conditions.
- Regardless; not taking account; independent: followed by of before an object: also often used adverbially, there being no noun to which it can be directly attached: as, to do one's duty, irrespective of consequences.
- Not showing respect; disrespectful.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Without regard for conditions, circumstances, or consequences; unbiased; independent; impartial.
- adj. obsolete Disrespectful.
- adv. in spite of everything; without regard to drawbacks
- ir- + respective (Wiktionary)
“Button, on 85 points with Barrichello on 71, can wrap up the title irrespective of where his”
“InvariantCulture is called irrespective of the language, culture, region, country or the customization done by the user.”
“The guarantee will be applicable only for payment made at the end of the policy term irrespective of any partial withdrawals made during the policy term.”
“Black youth did it all the time, were told they were destroyers for using the word irrespective of context.”
“From now onwards everyone will have to communicate in Marathi irrespective of what they belong to.”
“Where humanity can take but limited views of its relations to nature (as among the ignorant tribes of Africa,) there is no sufficient power of abstraction to deduce, by its reason, the conclusion of an invisible Creator; nor is there sufficient inventive power to conceive the idea irrespective of outward impressions; nor is their knowledge of nature so dignified in its character as to produce such grand conclusions.”
“Romantic composers would then be those who have sought their ideals in other directions and striven to give them expression irrespective of the restrictions and limitations of form -- composers who, in short, prefer content to manner.”
“The Markets seem to be like a vindictive 5 year old, they want their way on their terms irrespective of how destructive it is generally and no matter what they do they can't lose.”
“" But at the same time I am more comfortable addressing people in their first name irrespective of their age "Same ...”
“Aggressive due diligence might be a reasonable defense, but a free pass for acquired problems "irrespective" of due diligence is far too lax a standard.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘irrespective’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
My big word list.
Looking for tweets for irrespective.