from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Archaic Characterized by disregard; heedless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. heedless, regardless
- adj. disrespectful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without regard for conditions, circumstances, or consequences; unbiased; independent; impartial.
- adj. Disrespectful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not regarding particular circumstances or conditions.
- Regardless; not taking account; independent: followed by of before an object: also often used adverbially, there being no noun to which it can be directly attached: as, to do one's duty, irrespective of consequences.
- Not showing respect; disrespectful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in spite of everything; without regard to drawbacks
ir- + respective (Wiktionary)