from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not partial or biased; unprejudiced. See Synonyms at fair1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Treating all parties, rivals, or disputants equally; not partial; not biased; fair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not partial; not favoring one more than another; treating all alike; unprejudiced; unbiased; disinterested; equitable; fair; just.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not partial; not favoring one more than another; unprejudiced; equitable; just: as, an impartial judge or judgment; impartial favors.
- Indifferent; not taking part.
- [By apparent association with in part, or else by improper assumption of the prefix as intensive.] Partial.
- Synonyms Unbiased, fair, honorable, even-handed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free from undue bias or preconceived opinions
- adj. showing lack of favoritism
From im- + partial (Wiktionary)