from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not pledged to a specific cause or course of action: an uncommitted delegate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not inclined toward either side in a matter under dispute.
- adj. Not bound or pledged to a cause, party etc.
- adj. Not yet written to disk and logged.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not committed or done.
- Not committed or intrusted.
- Not referred to a committee.
- Not pledged by anything said or done: as, uncommitted by rash promises or statements; an uncommitted delegation to a convention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not busy; not otherwise committed
- adj. not associated in an exclusive sexual relationship
- adj. not bound or pledged
He also reminded those superdelegates who remain uncommitted that if they endorse Clinton now, they will be going against the will of the voters.
You say that giving Obama the uncommitted is generous, but do you really think she wins 55% of the vote if both Obama and Edwards are on the ballot.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will remain uncommitted until Clinton officially drops out of the race.
Most of the 17 senators who remain uncommitted will announce their support of Obama, CNN has learned.
Sensing an opportunity to shut down the nominating contest, Obama campaign advisers said that they were orchestrating an endorsement of Mr. Obama by at least eight Senate and House members who had pledged to remain uncommitted until the primaries ended, and that the endorsements would come the moment the South Dakota polls closed on Tuesday night.
The number of voters who remain uncommitted dwindles by the day.
Commonplace: "I had no commitments except ... to remain uncommitted"
A Different Stripe: Commonplace: "I had no commitments except ... to remain uncommitted"
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Commonplace: "I had no commitments except ... to remain uncommitted":
| Commonplace: "I had no commitments except ... to remain uncommitted" »
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.