from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Born as a free person, not as a slave or serf.
- adj. Relating to or befitting a person born free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Born free rather than in bondage or as a slave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Born free; not born in vassalage; inheriting freedom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Born free; born to the conditions and privileges of citizenship; not in hereditary vassalage; inheriting liberty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. born free of free parents
From free + born. (Wiktionary)