from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no attachments or ties; free to do as one pleases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to travel or do as one pleases.
- adj. A sail that is not properly secured at the bottom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. without ties to a particular location; free to roam; wandering.
- adj. without dependents or responsibilities.
- adj. having no commitments or restrictions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free to go or do as one pleases
Sorry, no etymologies found.