from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Divided or shared in two equal portions: a fifty-fifty split.
- adj. Being equally likely or unlikely: had a fifty-fifty chance of surviving.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in half; so that both parts of the whole are equal.
- n. A challenge between two opposing players, where both have an equal chance of taking possession.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. equally large; -- of probabilities.
- n. a lottery in which the organizers retain fifty percent of the money wagered, and distribute fifty percent of the wagered money to the winner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. equal in degree or extent or amount; or equally matched or balanced
Sorry, no etymologies found.